Are you the type of veterinary nurse who loves sharing your knowledge and seeing others grow in their role? We have several positions coming up to cover both maternity leave and clinical shift juggling for existing staff.
In this role, you will be involved in the training, assessment, mentoring and guidance of our students. You'll do this by providing excellent student support and customer service, utilising your technical nursing knowledge and excellent ability to communicate with many different people and skill levels. We deliver our courses online, so excellent computer skills are a must.
We're recruiting both casual and maternity leave staff. We recruit internally first, when new positions open up, so these positions have the potential to turn into permanent roles in the future.
Staff benefits include free CE and flexibility in work hours. Our staff are paid in line with the Educational Services (Post-Secondary Education) Award 2010. Your remuneration will depend on experience and qualifications - if you're new to education, expect around $57,000-$69,000 TAP.
These positions are HOME based. You'll need to have a dedicated home office setup and fast internet. If you're local, you'll be required to work from our Melbourne office (Werribee/Hoppers Crossing area).
Essential skills and attributes for this position:
• ACM40418 Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing or higher or overseas equivalent.
If you hold an older Cert IV qualification, you will need to produce documentation to demonstrate equivalence.
• TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent.
• Proven ability to teach and foster learning in others.
• At least 5 years of clinical veterinary nursing experience.
• Regularly undertake continuing education/member of veterinary associations.
• Sound working knowledge and understanding of all aspects of veterinary nursing.
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Sound Microsoft Office skills, and internet skills
• Good attention to detail, excellent spelling and grammar, and the ability to assess the content of what you are reading.
A working with children's check will be required prior to commencing employment.
One of the keys to our success has been finding the right people - achievers who share the same vision and can-do attitude. Our staff like to challenge the norm and seek continual improvement of not only our training, but the veterinary nursing profession.
To register your interest in working for us, please submit a current resume, a copy of your qualifications and unit transcripts, a cover letter addressing the above criteria and details of 2 referees. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only successful applicants will be contacted to move through our recruitment process. Shortlisted applicants will be required to complete a short trial assessment (marking a "student’s" work), psychometric testing and an interview with a small panel of our staff.