We're after some amazing veterinary nurses with the trifecta - a love of writing, education and veterinary nursing. Is this you?
We have a full new subject development list for 2021 and we need more people to help us write some fantastic new courses.
To be successful, you:
· Are a qualified veterinary nurse with additional study post-graduation
· Regularly undertake continuing education/member of veterinary associations.
· Write English fluently
· Possess excellent grammar, spelling and academic writing skills
· Can work independently
· Follow an evidence based veterinary nursing approach
· Understand how to research, reference and avoid plagiarism.
We are after content experts to develop subjects in the following fields:
· Microchip implantation
· Animal welfare and ethics
· Medical team communication
· Nursing team coordination and management
· Nurse consulting
· Critical care nursing
· Customer service for veterinary clinics
These sub-contract positions are HOME based. You'll need to have a great home office setup, Microsoft Word and internet access. You don’t need to be based in Australia either, we will consider nurses from overseas with the right experience and background.
These are a sub-contract role, and not an employment role. Therefore you will need to meet any taxation requirements in your home country independently of VNS. We can help you ensure this requirement is met.
Remuneration per subject written will depend on length and complexity and will be negotiated prior to starting development. Expect between AUD$2000-3500 per subject.
We will provide you with all necessary learning outcomes and subject outlines and work with you during the development to ensure the content is suitable. For some, we will provide sections of content for review and updating from our outgoing subjects.
It is important to note that if successful, you will be expected to sign a content development contract which includes assignation of intellectual property to VNS.
To apply for this role, please submit:
· a current resume
· a copy of your qualifications and transcripts,
· a cover letter addressing the above criteria and indicating your areas of expertise
· details of 2 referees, and
· an example of your academic writing. This could be an article you have had published in a journal or website, or an assessment completed for a course you have studied.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We will contact you if we feel you have the right expertise to write one of our upcoming subjects. If there is a particular topic you are looking to write, please let us know in your cover letter and provide a justification on why you are the person to write that subject/s. We only have a couple of subjects in development at any time, so it could be a few months before we contact you to explore you authoring a subject.