Home based, Australia, Australia
$50-65,000 plus Super
Are you the type of veterinary nurse who loves sharing your knowledge and improving protocols? We are taking registrations of interest in becoming a Nurse Educator.
Primarily, you will be involved in the training, assessment, mentoring and guidance of our students. You'll do this by providing excellent student support and customer service, utilising your technical nursing knowledge and excellent ability to communicate with many different people and skill level. We deliver our courses online, so excellent computer skills are a must.
You'll also be responsible for clinical placement relationships between clinics, students and ACVN. There is also the opportunity for travel, and running workshops around the country, if desired.
We recruit both casual and permanent staff. Complete the application form to register your interest to work with us.
Staff benefits include free CE and flexibility in work hours. Our staff are paid in line with the Educational Services (Post-Secondary Education) Award 2010. Your remuneration will depend on experience and qualifications - if you're new to education, expect around $50,000-$65,000 TAP.
Many of our positions are HOME based. You'll need to have a dedicated home office setup and fast internet. If you're local, you'll be at our Melbourne office (Werribee/Hoppers Crossing area).
Essential skills and attributes for this position:
• ACM40412 Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing or higher or overseas equivalent. A Diploma of Veterinary Nursing is highly desirable.
• Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE10) or equivalent (or ability to complete prior to commencing employment).
• At least 5 years of clinical veterinary nursing experience.
• Regularly undertake continuing education/member of veterinary associations.
• Sound working knowledge and understanding of all aspects of veterinary nursing.
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Sound Microsoft Office skills, and internet skills
• Good attention to detail, excellent spelling and grammar, and the ability to assess the content of what you are reading.
• Strong desire to teach and foster learning in others
A working with children's check will be required prior to commencing employment.
One of the keys to our success has been finding the right people - achievers who share the same vision and can-do attitude. Our staff like to challenge the norm and seek continual improvement of not only our training, but the veterinary nursing profession.
To register your interest in working for us, please submit a current resume, a copy of your qualifications and transcripts, a cover letter addressing the above criteria and details of 2 referees. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We will only contact you if there is a position coming up, and we feel you are suitable for the role. We always offer new positions first to our current employees, then we search our interest banks before advertising more widely.