Home based, Australia, Australia
AUD$2000-3500 per subject negotiable
We're after some amazing veterinary nurses with the trifecta - a love of writing, education and veterinary nursing. Is this you?
We have a full new subject development list for 2020 and we need more people to help us write some fantastic new courses.
To be successful, you:
· Are a qualified veterinary nurse with additional study post-graduation
· Regularly undertake continuing education/member of veterinary associations.
· Write English fluently
· Possess excellent grammar, spelling and academic writing skills
· Can work independently
· Follow an evidence based veterinary nursing approach
· Understand how to research, reference and avoid plagiarism.
We are after content experts to develop subjects in the following fields:
· Small animal reproduction
· Companion animal behaviour including canine, feline and avian
· Microchip implantation
· Medical team communication
· Advanced anaesthesia
· Small animal nutrition
· Nursing team coordination and management
· Nurse consulting
· Critical care nursing
· Physical therapy & rehabilitation
· Customer service for veterinary clinics
· Environmental sustainability for veterinary clinics
These sub-contract positions are HOME based. You'll need to have a great home office setup, Microsoft Word and internet access. You don’t need to be based in Australia either, we will consider nurses from overseas with the right experience and background.
These are a sub-contract role, and not an employment role. Therefore you will need to meet any taxation requirements in your home country independently of VNS. We can help you ensure this requirement is met.
Remuneration per subject written will depend on length and complexity and will be negotiated prior to starting development. Expect between AUD$2000-3500 per subject.
We will provide you with all necessary learning outcomes and subject outlines and work with you during the development to ensure the content is suitable. For some, we will provide sections of content for review and updating from our outgoing subjects.
It is important to note that if successful, you will be expected to sign a content development contract which includes assignation of intellectual property to VNS.
To apply for this role, please submit:
· a current resume
· a copy of your qualifications and transcripts,
· a cover letter addressing the above criteria and indicating your areas of expertise
· details of 2 referees, and
· an example of your academic writing. This could be an article you have had published or an assessment completed for study.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.